Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I get a new key for a 2000 BMW 5 series?

I've lost all the keys of my car as well as title. I need a new key for my BMW 5 series (2000). What proof of ownership will I need to show in the dealership? Will they give me a key without first seeing the car or do they need the car? Is there any other place becides dealership where I can make BMW key? Thank you .|||You will have to get a key from the dealer. If you do not have a business relationship with them, they should require you to prove you own the car. If you have had them work on the car previously, they probably would only require a driver's license to verify you are the person who there records say owns the car.


If they do not know you or the car, they should require proof of ownership which would nornally be the title. If you have lost your title you need to get that replaced anyway.|||Go to the local BMW dealership with the VIN. You'll need to show the car insurance in your name with that car's VIN as proof.|||Yep I think you could get a new key from a BMW dealership. You will need proof of owner ship, like insurance documents, proof of purchase and so on. They might not need to see the actual car to begin with, but you'll need to know the model and registration number. And probably when you go in again to collect the key, they'll want to test the key to see if it works.|||I recently asked my BMW dealer what documentation I'd need and I was told you need two (2) forms of proof of ownership and $200 dollars for shipping and material.


If you're lacking some documentation, call your local BMW dealer for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment