Friday, September 23, 2011

How often do I change my oil for my 2007 bmw 328i?

How often(as in mileage) do i change my oil for my BMW 328i when before I changed it with synthetic oil and i am planning to use it again?|||Here is what you do. I have the same car.





-Go to an auto parts store and buy about 7 or 8 quarts of BMW LL01 Approved Synthetic oil (I use Mobil 1 0W-40 European Formula. MAKE SURE IT IS BMW LL01 Approved !!! It will say right on it. There are lists of approved oils in almost all of the BMW forums. You should ALWAYS have a spare quart of oil in your trunk.





-Buy the filter for your specific car there too. (Don't skimp on this... try to get Bosch. If absolutely necessary, Fram but I would rather not)





-Take it to a shop who will do it at an honest price (I have a guy that will do it for $20) I would do it myself but unlike my Jeep we can't exactly crawl underneath these cars and it is nice to see your car up on a lift.








-MAKE SURE THEY DON'T OVERFILL IT!!!!! THIS CAN CAUSE THE OIL TO FOAM AND CAN RUIN YOUR ENGINE. "QUICK LUBE" PLACES ALMOST ALWAYS DO THIS BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE THE PROPER WAITING TIME FOR THE OIL TO SETTLE BEFORE CHECKING. CHECK YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!! IT SHOULD BE EXACTLY AT THE FULL LINE AFTER THE CAR HAS BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES ON A PERFECTLY FLAT SURFACE.





- That aside, with synthetic oil I would change it every 7,000 miles.|||First the ol 3 months 3000 miles thing is a thing of the past(like 20+ years). Its what your dad (if your 30-40) would tell you and greedy oil change places advertise. Cars aspiration/ignition and ring design have come a long way making the engines run a lot cleaner MUCH more cleaner.


a lot of people are going to once a year now. Right before summer starts. But 10 to 15K between changes is NOT unusual and is typically the recommendation anyways.|||The typical rule of thumb is 3,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first. However, if you're not doing a LOT of stop and go driving, you probably don't need to do it that often. I usually change my oil ever 5,000 miles, or every 6 months.|||Well whenever you turn on your car you will see i think about 6 squared lights 5 are green and 1 is red well when 3 green lights turn off that'ss when you usually gotta change your oil. Or just wait till the oil light turns on i'm mean its a 2007 BMW.|||depending on it's miles, and your driving habits, oil changes can be done as much as every 8 thousand miles. Most BMW service techs are using synthetic oil which allows for more infrequent service|||Every 10,000 miles with BMW's. But call the dealer to put your mind at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment