Friday, September 23, 2011

I drive a 2001 BMW 330ci and I lost my Razor cell phone in air vents under seat. How do i get it out?

While driving my 01 BMW 330ci, my Motorola Razor phone fell out of my pocket and ended up behind the seat. When I got to my destination, the cell phone was gone. I assume it had gone into one of the vents under the seat while I was driving. When I look into the vents, I can't see the phone. When I call it, I hear it and I feel it vibrate. Does anyone know a easy way to get the phone out without tearing the car apart? Appreciate it, thanks!|||U should take the car to the dealership and they could probably get the phone out of the seat .|||you will have to remove the seat and take the vent apart, unless you have a real skinny arm , or try to fish it out with a extraction tool used to get screws and other small items out of hard to reach areas, ( go to a auto parts store and get one, ) good luck|||go to a dealer the ask them to do it for you just to be safe|||It depends how deep it went in.





You can wrapping a ball of double-sided-foam-tape to the end of a thin flexible rod... I'd use a goose-neck BBQ lighter that I have, but if you don't have something like that, see if you can get a thin piece of metal and bend it into shape. The Razor isn't magnetic, so a magnetic pick-up tool would not work.





Other way is to locate a STEEP slope (I'm talking San Francisco steep)... and try to slide the phone out....





...or if you happen to own some highly trained pet mice... (just kidding).





Anyway, NEXT TIME... stick 2 toothpicks into the carpet right in front of the vent to act as a guard...|||Unfortunately, you may have to remove the drivers seat and front carpet to gain access to the duct. You could try fishing it out with a coat hanger, but that may only further push it into the system.





The alternative would be to get a powerful shop-vac and an empty paper towel roll. Insert the paper towel roll over the end of the shop-vac nozzle and seal it using some masking or electrical tape. Somewhat flatten the other end of the tube so you can insert it into the duct and turn the vac on while gently sticking the tube inside the duct. If you hear the phone catch on, slowly pull it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment