Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I reset my 1995 BMW stock car stereo in order to get it to work?

I have a German spec 1995 BMW 315i with a stock cassette stereo. My battery died last week so I jumped it. Afterward, I noticed my radio turned on but wouldn't play. Do I need to reset it somehow and how would I do it?|||The instructions are written in the owners manual.There should also be a code written in there with a ball point pen at least that the way it was with mine.Otherwise go by the BMW dealer they'll probably do it for free if they're cool.It only takes a couple minutes to do.|||Yes you do need a security code for your stereo. You can go to any BMW dealership and they have a master code to unlock the stereo. Most of the time it takes less than a minute so they will not charge you. Some places might charge $25-$40 at most. You can call your local dealership to see if they will charge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment