Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I tell what software version I have on my BMW 745?

I never knew to ask what software version I am running on my 2002 BMW 745Li. Can anyone help me find out how besides taking it into the dealer? Thanks in advance!|||Well, it's not that easy. We get software version updates almost every month or so. These apply to different years of production and models. Usually BMW will mail you a notification of an emission related update or if the vehicle is in the shop for a repair that needs coding or programming the shops computer then will check if any other control unit needs updating. A 745 can have up to 80+ control units. Only the dealer can do this type of work. But there has to be some type of problem before we will update the software on any given control module. It is not recommended by BMW to upgrade the software if there are no problems concerning that control module. These systems are pretty fragile and updating can sometimes cause other problems or kill a module.|||Slam it into a wall at about 70mph and the Software version will spit out of the cd slot.


tc|||You shouldnt have to take it into a BMW dealer, just call them, give them your make %26amp; model car and what year and they should be able to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment