Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I get a sunroof on a 525i BMW to close?

I have a 1990 525i BMW. I have been having trouble with the power windows, but they do open and close. The sunroof on the other hand, does not. I hadn't had problems with it in the past, but I opened it and it will not close. I was told there is a manual way to close it where the switch is. Can someone give me a clue on what to do, and If I can close the sunroof manually?|||Remove the sliding roof motor cover (where the switch is as you have mentioned). Look at the round area where the motor inserts into and you will find a small hole where an allen wrench can be used to turn the gears and either open or close the sunroof glass. The original tool pack that comes with the car has this wrench. If not available


then just get something that can turn the gearing (it can be stiff, but try to turn it first one way then the other if it does not move the first time). Professional mechanics use a ratchet wrench with a 1/4 drive socket with allen end.

No comments:

Post a Comment