Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you silence the Keyless Entry for 1998 BMW 740 iL?

I just bought a '98 BMW 740 iL and I am wondering if it's possible to silence the keyless entry. Every time I lock/unlock the car, it has a pretty obnoxious sound. Any help would be much appreciated.|||If it has a BMW alarm and remote, you can usually turn on / turn off the "chirp" by holding down both buttons on the remote at the same time for a couple of seconds. Do this close to the car.|||I don't think you can without damaging it or voiding the warranty. We had an x5 that luckily, it just stopped on its own.|||I have a '00 740i E38 and I believe there are options for your keyless entry. But I believe they have to be programmed at the dealer. Not sure if the Honk...Honk... can be turned off but I would assume with so many options available this could be done.





A great wealth of knowledge can be found on the E38.org website. Including forums for this type of vehicle and possibly posting a question like this some of the more expierenced and knowledgeable individuals can provide a better answer.|||Programmed at dealer. They typically charge 1/2 to 1 hour labor for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment