Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best way for me to purchase bmw parts here in america?

I own a american spec. BMW 325i 2002, but I want to purchase the parts cheaper than what the auto shops are charging.|||FWIW, in order to preserve brand ideals, dealerships are made to sell high. It's not unusual - many high end brands distinguish their clientele using price mechanisms. GOOD for BMW - and car enthusiasts - that their cars can perform better than garden variety brands. BAD, because money does not guarantee a better driver - and these cars are not meant for fuddy duddies.





ANYWAY the answer is, look for niche workshops, run by ex-dealership mechanics. You should be able to find a fair price from these guys. Also, because their reputation depends on their overall quality of service, they should do what it takes to maintain their reputation.





For bargain basement prices - there are 2 choices - at one's own risk. Online stores (ebay) and salvage yards.





Hope this helps.|||go to a junk yard that has bmw parts|||I used to have a '99 BMW 328, and the only way I knew to get part installed was to actually go to a dealership. If I went somewhere else they could never guarantee their work. To just get the parts I used either the dealership or online websites such as ebay. I would recommend asking around at some BMW forums. Try Bimmerforums.com|||Best way would be the dealer, even though it is expensive, it is better than taking the risk of buying parts online or going to a salvage yard. Infact, for a car that nice and new, don't even consider going to a salvage yard.|||Junk yard, eBay, Craigslist, or just online, or at some shops|||When I had my 2 BMWs in the US, I used Bavarian Autosport a lot. They sell some OEM stuff, and some aftermarket, so you can choose which you want a lot of the time. They know BMWs too. I'm in Germany now and I can find lots of local parts pretty cheap, except for the Euro exchange rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment