Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much would it cost to install the Professional Navigation system for my BMW 5 Series?

I have a 2005 BMW 525 but do not have any navigation on my iDrive. How much would it coist BMW to update iDrive with this system? Have any of you had your BMW's updated with it?|||NAV is stupid. Buy a map !|||It is possible but very costly. The current system in your car operates with the M-Ask unit. For nav you need a CCC unit and need to change the wiring harness and the screen as well. I have seen the parts sold on ebay from $3000-4000 as a package but you can probably souce everything separately for half that much. You will still need to pay for labor and installation if you're not going to do it yourself. UK and US systems are identical (except for the map DVD disk) and I saw a thread on a BMW forum last year that put the dealer quote in England at 3,500GBP.|||Usually a newer car like yours with an I-drive is NAV-ready.


Retrofitting one would not be a big deal except that the cost


previously mentioned of $500. is way down low and unrealistic.


The NAV dvd disc player is approximately $800., plus labor for installation, plus programming (of dvd player only most of the time,


but sometimes of the whole car).|||I was quoted a £3,000 estimate by my local BMW dealer for retro-fitting the original system to a 2004 E60. I guess you would get that done cheaper by an independent though, and even cheaper again if you bought the parts and did it yourself. I din't think it's worth retro-fitting, so I found one with it already fitted instead :)





Hope this helps.|||Less than $500.00 But of course you can just buy a universal navigation system instead of paying a little over $500.00 for one. Your call, your wallet... my sexiness... ooooh yeah...|||I think that if you already have iDrive, all that you should need is the unit that mounts in the trunk compartment. The unit is expensive but installation is plug in.





Get with these guys, they helped me with my phone integration:





www.bimmernav.com|||weel u has to take the whheels and rims and battery out and put a laptop in the trunk and hope the cheatah doesnt purr on the baby...i happend before and i cried|||ARROUND 1500 POUNDS !


2500 EUROS !|||It's just not worth it.





iDrive wasn't really sorted out till early 2006.





I just stick with a good ol' GPS in my 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment